Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fergie hits out at Allardyce sacking


Ferguson, who is close friends with Allardyce, joined the rest of the football world in being shocked by the announcement from the club's owners, Venky's, that Allardyce had been relieved of his duties despite Rovers sitting in 13th place in the league.
Speaking after Manchester United's 1-0 win over Arsenal, Ferguson attacked Venky's for the controversial decision.
Ferguson told Sky Sports 1: "He phoned me at 3.10pm today saying 'can I have a cup of tea tonight?' because he was coming to the game. Then he phones me at half past four and says 'I've been sacked'.
"I've never heard of such a stupid decision in all my life, it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't know what they're doing up there, but deary me. It confounds common sense to be honest with you. Absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't like to follow him."

No comments:

Post a Comment